Saturday, July 13, 2013

Day 6 Part II: Arsenal F.C.

Oh man. I don't know how to describe how I felt walking out of the player's locker room and into the dugout next the pitch. I really don't. So instead I'll show you:

Emirates Stadium

I'm a huge football (soccer) fan. I played from the age of 6 to 18, so I spent most of my life growing up on, or around the pitch. Mind you, I wasn't playing in Emirates Stadium quality pitches. Think park district style lawns, or even better; Regent's Park

It's not often anyone get's to say they've been to a world class stadium. I've been fortunate enough to have been inside the likes of Soldier Field in Chicago and Estadio Azteca in Mexico City. Having my first glimpse of the Emirates Stadium pitch from the Director's Box, I relived some of those great feelings I experienced at the other world class stadiums. I was is in awe, all the while different emotions crossed my mind: fascination, joy, and amazement as well as nervousness and enviousness. 

It's not often you get to visit the stadium which houses a great team from one of the best football leagues in the world. In fact, Bleacher Report recently ranked Barclays English Premier League as the best league in the world. Check out the article here.

                               Locker Room                                        Pitch Tunnel

The tour of the stadium was great. I was a bit worried about the self-guided component, since I usually enjoy real guides providing me information. The audio tour did not disappoint. Great tracks from the guide, as well as player interviews and great facts provided a great addition as we made our way up, down, and through the stadium. There was a lot to see and do. Here's a good promotional video from Arsenal that describes the tour:



I was glad I found some classmates who were just as excited to go on the tour as I was. Both Keila and Lauren. You can find Keila's blog here and Lauren's blog here. Check them out!

                                    Lauren                                                  Keila

Oh, and Fred decided to come along too, since he is also an avid lover of all things football. Check him 'hanging out' and pretending he's an actual player (he wishes):

Fred the manager

Climbing!



No comments:

Post a Comment